Many people have heard me ask this question before, but I think that it is probably one of the most important questions of our lives. The question is - How real is God to you?
Is God just a fictitious character like Superman or one of the Greek myths that we have turned into comic book characters?
Is God real but like the King of Lesotho? A King of a real place that you don't anything about or any dealings with?
Is God like the leader of Monaco? A ruler over paradise where you might like to go someday but has no bearing on your day to day life?
Is God like the leader of the USA? Someone who has authority over you and every decision that he makes impacts your life, but doesn't know you personally and more than likely will never know you?
Is God someone who knows you personally and lives with you?
A Pastor whom I like, once wrote a book (that I recommend for people to read) talking about Jesus as being a next door Savior, comparing him to a mister Wilson type character from Home Improvement. However I believe scripture says that God is even closer than that. Fifty days after the Passover where Jesus was crucified, buried and rose again, was a Feast of Pentecost. During this Feast, the Holy Spirit came upon believers, and from that point forward the question became have you received the Holy Spirit? In Act 19:2, Paull encounters a group of men and asked them this question. "And he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” And they said, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”?" That gift of the Holy Spirit - is God with being with us - all day, every day, for the rest of our lives.
So the question that I have for you as you have read this, Does God's Spirit live within you? This is the big difference that Christianity have with other religions. In Christianity, we don't ascend to God, but instead God descends to live with us, to make us a part of his family, his kingdom, and someday to live with him.
BTW. the book that I mentioned is: Nextdoor Savior: Near Enough to Touch, Strong Enough to Trust by Max Lucado and it is one of the best books about Jesus that I have read.
No comments:
Post a Comment